The Senior Director Human Resources will serve as a strategic partner to the Leadership Team to help set, drive, and execute our people strategy and capabilities. They will assume overall responsibility for developing and transforming the global HR function with a focus on improving talent acquisition, talent management and talent development, and the systems that strengthen those processes. The Senior Director HR should embody Vita Coco's values while maintaining and elevating the existing People infrastructure. Moreover, the Senior Director HR will be an exceptional leader and business partner to team members across the organization. They will lead a team of four based in New York, with dotted line relationships to a HR professional embedded in both Singapore and London teams.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to a key executive member of the Leadership Team with frequent exposure to the entire leadership team and the CEO.
- Develop and execute People Strategy around the 3 key pillars: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Talent Development.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Educate, advise, and influence on organizational design, performance management, employee development, employee engagement & retention, annual performance reviews, and change management.
- Enhances and/or develop, implement, and enforce People policies and procedures to support the business needs.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Oversees day to day operations of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Optimize the team and process for recruiting, including team structure, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy.
- Support Learning & Development Manager in developing training programs that support the learning and development of all employees.
- Lead the organizations D&I initiatives as well as our Public Benefit and B Corporation™ objectives.
- Ensure all employees labor rights are respected and adhered to according to all International Labor Organization and Human Rights standards as set by the UN Guiding Principles of Human Rights.
- Implement and communicate Health & Safety guidelines across all Vita Coco facilities.
- HR team is responsible for the NYC office management, space planning, facilities maintenance.
- 8+ years of experience in an HR role with 4+ years of managerial experience preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail and strong solutions-oriented and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating an HR roadmap and strategy in line with company goals and strategy would be a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law and compliance, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training.
- Understanding of equity compensation and employee stock purchase plan compliance.
- High social and emotional intelligence - you truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people.
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor with the highest degree of integrity; exercises confidentiality and good judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Flexible leader - you can operate at a highly strategic level but can also perform all tactical People related duties for the company.
- A track record for being highly accountable and driven and relish the idea of having the opportunity to set the foundations for and directly impact the success of a talented team and fast-growing company.
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office. Our HR team has been leaders in promoting a back to office culture and the team exceeds this requirement. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.