The Trade & Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for assisting the Senior Trade Analyst and Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst with all trade spend related billbacks and deductions. This employee will work seamlessly between the finance, sales and accounting teams.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to the Manager of AR & Trade.
- Assist in managing the trade spend email inbox and Global Search portal in an organized manner. This consists of obtaining approval and backup from the sales team for trade deductions submitted by customers. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing all backup details, contacting sales managers for additional content when needed and communicating with customer’s accounting departments.
- Assist in processing trade and off-invoice billbacks from customers and retailers through SAP.
- Create and process co-op deductions and invoices for distributors on retailer invoices.
- Work with the customer/distributor to ensure accurate billing on all trade spend. In the event an invoice is inaccurate, claims will need to be submitted
- Assist in managing the AR email inbox in an organized manner, ensuring that all customer requests are replied to.
- Manage the automated invoice process – which includes investigating errors on the daily invoice reports, ensuring all shipments have been invoiced and correcting any errors on automated invoices that have been generated. This will include ensuring all customers that are on EDI receive their respective invoices.
- Manage your respective customer accounts, ensuring each customer stays current. This includes and is not limited to:
- Applying cash payments to the customer account in SAP.
- Generating and formatting statements to send to customers.
- Helping maintain the Accounts Receivable library for all incoming payments.
- Having communication with customers on all past due balances regularly.
- Timely obtaining from your customer all deduction back-up.
- Ensure that any billbacks to your customers for samples are done in a timely manner.
- Partner with the accounting team on any month-end close requests.
- Help with ad-hoc request from all internal partners.
- Education Required: Associate's degree or above in a related field
- Professional Experience:
1-2 years of accounts receivable or trade experience, exceptional customer service skills, CPG experience is a plus
- Key Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proactive, positive team player attitude
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Technical Skills Required:
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Preferred Experience, Education, Skills: SAP experience
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.