The Vita Coco Company is searching for a Retail Sales Manager based in Southern CT (mainly Fairfield County). The Retail Sales Manager, will lead efforts in stores to achieve product distribution, display execution, and revenue goals in the Market. The Retail Sales Manager will focus on the distribution, display, and shelf set opportunities in assigned territory and represent the company to distributor partners in all sales-oriented activities.
This is an entry-level remote role covering Southern CT and small portion of NY State and will report directly to the Senior Market Manager.
- Plan and prepare innovation launches, new retail programs, and market blitzes
- Sell the entire Vita Coco portfolio at the account level, achieve KPIs on cases sold, displays, and new distribution availability, etc.
- Utilize reporting software to build account call history, record accomplishments and optimize daily schedule
- Analyze monthly sales reports to identify opportunities and assess under-performing accounts
- Forge strong partnerships with Distributor Sales team and demonstrate best practices
- Develop and maintain relationships with key retail accounts and open new accounts to grow brand visibility and distribution
- Provide consistent communication to Distributors on retail execution, highlighting accomplishments, and follow-up needed
- Build, move, and improve display execution and/or product to establish the best location for sales on all company products as necessary in assigned stores
- Measure and audit individual accounts and execution after each visit
- Support consumer and retail activity by working with the Field Marketing team if/when in market
- 1-2 years of professional Sales or Distributor experience, preferably within Food & Beverage or CPG industry
- Must have ability to lift cases of product between 10-35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to place product on overhead shelving
- Must have the ability to travel between multiple accounts each day if needed
- Proven ability to approach accounts in an innovative and creative way to expand the business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them, and analyze sales data; trade/business analytics
- Professional demeanor in working with co-workers, distributors, retail reps and customers
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Creative presentation, public speaking, and premium selling skills
- A team player who also can work well independently
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.