The Lead Contracts Specialist will focus primarily on drafting and negotiating material contracts with distributors, manufacturers, vendors, and a variety of other business partners. The job will involve extensive collaboration with members of All Market Inc.’s Finance, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Executive teams.
The role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to the Global CFO.
- Oversee the drafting, updating, and tracking of all commercial and other legal contracts.
- Effectively partner with our external counsel partners as necessary to advise executives and staff on legal, regulatory, compliance, and policy-related matters.
- Coordinate and manage a wide variety of requests for legal assistance.
- Create and maintain Board Resolutions and provide general corporate governance support.
- Manage special projects if/when requested.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- B.A. from a well-regarded college or university with a strong academic record (a J.D. is welcome but not required for this role).
- 7-10 years of relevant experience as a contracts coordinator (or similar role) in a law firm and/or corporate legal department (preferably with a consumer product, e-commerce, or digital media company).
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal colleagues and a multitude of external parties.
- Capable of providing succinct, commercially-driven legal advice.
- Diligent, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Smart, personable, pragmatic, and diligent, but doesn't take themselves too seriously;
- Comfortable with and capable of keeping pace in a growth environment.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to ever-evolving business needs and to effectively communicate and interact at all levels of an organization.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.