The Manager of National Accounts– Costco West will represent the entire portfolio of Vita Coco brands with a range of products and innovation to Costco. They will be responsible for developing strategies to maximize sales, distribution, and profitability with four West Coast Costco regions, Western Canada, Business Delivery, and liaison to Costco HQ. The Manager of National Accounts must be results-oriented, strategic thinker, disciplined planner, with the ability to influence internal stakeholders and solve highly complex customer challenges.
The Manager of National Accounts will support the Club Channel Strategic Accounts team, which will be remote based on the West Coast, and report to the Senior Director of National Accounts.
- Develop and execute a robust channel and customer strategy with key internal stakeholders.
- Detailed account planning, analysis and management of price, promotions, distribution, and presentations.
- Develop and execute strong regional relationships within various departments/categories to strategize on key opportunities to build business, i.e., new products, promotional planning, and pallet positions.
- Create an Annual Operating Plan (AOP), through in-depth customer needs analysis, measured by growth of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Hold quarterly business meetings to plan with customer’s leadership.
- Build and provide leadership to cross functional teams to ensure timely implementation of core distribution and breakthrough innovations.
- Work in conjunction with operations, supply chain, demand planning, and fulfillment to ensure proper customer sales service, and delivery excellence.
- Effectively communicate specific programs, pricing, and contract details to both the customer and Company stakeholders.
- Develop budget plans, monthly forecasts, trade spend management, and promotional budget tracking to help manage progress towards sales objectives.
- Partner and guide National Broker network to achieve key goals and KPIs.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field is preferred
- 5-10 years of professional Sales experience working for a portfolio company
- Must have experience working with Costco Regional accounts and HQ experience
- Must be based on the West Coast and be able to travel to accounts as needed
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, negotiation tactics, profitability, and budget goals
- Ability to effectively implement sales and marketing strategies
- Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, trade spend effectiveness, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- High-energy self-starter as well as collaborative team player
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, exhibiting a high degree of drive and the ability to consistently produce results while having fun
- Innovative and creative thinker and problem solver who can manage the details without losing sight of the goal
Vita Coco Co. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.