The Brand Manager, RUNA + Ever & Ever will be responsible for the long-term brand strategy and brand health for both emerging brands. As the keeper of the brand equity, this marketing leader will build annual activation and innovation plans to meet brand and business growth objectives. The brand manager will partner with internal and external partners in consumer insights, media, pack design, communications, shopper marketing, and creative development to brief, build, and execute initiatives critical to brand health and business growth. He/she/they is someone who can do strategy and execute at the same time. They’re a passionate self-starter who loves building and growing brands.
This position reports to the VP, Brand and Growth Marketing and can be based in New York City or remotely in Los Angeles or San Diego, CA.
- Own brand foundations, brand architecture, and visual equity, in service of growing brand relevance and household penetration.
- Synthesize syndicated and consumer data to inform lessons learned and key opportunities. Translate those opportunities into strategic plan, annual brand marketing plans (consumer, trade, advertising) and innovation/activation plans to deliver or exceed stated volume, profit and share objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of 360-degree marketing campaigns, owning the creative strategy and idea and working with the cross-functional team to implement it through the line across media, retail, owned content, PR, and experiential.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to perform periodical business deep dives and develop deep understanding and knowledge of the competitors and consumer with the ability to navigate dynamic nature of the category from both a consumer and competitive perspective.
- Partner with the Innovation team to develop long-term innovation pipeline and platform launches, including renovation workstreams to optimize liquid and packaging where necessary.
Partner closely with:
- The Sales team to develop and execute market and retail plans
- The E-commerce and digital media team to develop and execute content, media, and acquisition strategies
- The Field Marketing and PR teams to drive trial and buzz around new products
- The Social team to develop and execute content and engagement strategies
- The Operations team to ensure forecasting changes are reflected in demand/supply planning
- Manage the P&L, including monthly tracking and reconciliation of marketing budget
- Maintain and monitor key project timelines and follow up with cross-functional team members on an ongoing basis.
- Own the translation of brand calendars into the retail marketing calendar, including developing breakthrough shopper programs and disruptive merchandising tools to capture attention on the path to purchase and convert to trial .
- Champion the consumer day in and day out question how things are done and make sure we are relentlessly pursuing new avenues to create meaningful connections.
- Be the brand steward and collaborate with content and creative teams to ensure all creative and copy applications are aligned to visual and content strategies.
- Years of experience: 3-5 years marketing experience
- Experience in Food & Beverages or on a lifestyle brand/agency team
- An understanding of how to run marketing at a big CPG, but with a willingness to move fast, break some rules, and have some fun
- Strong financial background – has experience with managing P&Ls
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Strong creative thinking with demonstrated ability to build creative activations with creative, digital, social, PR, and media agency partners
- Strong strategic & innovative mindset to help in approach to solve brand business problems
- Ability to work in a team-based culture. Collaboration with key stakeholders and counterparts – internal and external.
- Ability to manage and motivate numerous internal, cross-functional, cross business-unit and external resources effectively.
- Ability to move quickly and independently
- Proactive problem-solver – is always thinking several steps ahead
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.