The Market Manager will lead efforts to achieve revenue, depletion, distribution, and retail execution goals by improving performance of our Distributor partners in an assigned Market. Markets range in size from one Distributor in two counties to many Distributors across several states. The Market Manager will develop and maintain relationships with Distributors to increase share of mind across all levels of their organizations as well as identify opportunities, influence them to capitalize on them, and hold them accountable for execution.
This role is based out of Long Island, NY reporting directly to the VP, DSD - North.
- Plan and prepare
- Distributor Business Plans
- Innovation launches
- Volume, distribution, and retail execution targets (External)
- Market Blitzes
- Action plans to address gaps in performance
- Measure and improve
- Execution against all of the above
- Display execution
- POG adherence
- Distributor Management
- Provide consistent communication relating to execution against distribution targets and display programs
- Leverage scorecards, reports, and tools provided by HQ and generate ad hoc reports from iDig and Repsly as needed for the local market
- Conduct business reviews, developing appropriate cadence for each depending on size
- Facilitate resolution of issues
- People Management
- Hire, manage and develop a team of direct reports consisting of Retail Sales Managers to manage important retail outlets (where applicable)
- Guide activity, provide performance feedback and support in creation of strengths-based development plans
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Forge strong partnership with Market Development team, providing them with Distributor support and the resources needed to win at retail.
- Assess the competitive landscape and communicate insights
Key Call Points
- KDP Area Directors, Market Development Managers, and Branch Manager
- Independent Distributor Sales Team
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of experience: 3-5 years of field sales experience in the food & beverage industry
- Professional Experience:
- Territory management experience
- Distributor management experience
- Experience leading, managing, and holding field Sales employees accountable to goals & KPIs
- Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Strong business acumen, relationship management skills, customer focus, and drive for results
- Ability to lift cases of product between 10-35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Technical Skills Required: Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.