The Sr. Social Impact & Sustainability Program Manager will be a key member of the management team and will partner with the executive team to develop and execute the company's Impact & sustainability strategy on its path to become THE industry leader. While leading the implementation of initiatives to strengthen Vita Coco's ESG (environmental, social, governance) and sustainability efforts the successful candidate will work in collaboration with functions across the organization on identifying future opportunities to reduce the company's impact on the environment. We are in search of a leader to drive awareness and implementation through initiatives and programs that will position Vita Coco as a leader in the rapidly changing sustainability landscape.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and execute comprehensive sustainability strategies and build long-term critical metrics that deliver measurable change
- Establish and drive the key programming and impactful partnerships required to deliver our social impact and sustainability agenda
- Partner with internal stakeholders (finance, supply chain, marketing) to build sustainability and social impact reporting dashboard
- Partner with brand teams to develop key narratives and consumer-facing communications around our initiative
- Create visibility on Company's End-to-End impact.
- Represent sustainability across teams and provide sustainability knowledge and guidance, producing inputs for sustainability policies and initiatives
- Establish a sustainability culture throughout the organization including our international offices.
- Develop and maintain a contemporary understanding of community, economic, and sustainability development trends to drive internal value and external impact
- Analytical approach to establish and maintain effective tracking, metrics, intake, and reporting processes
- Own and manage all aspects of B-Corp certification
- Support the executive team in defining and developing the company's ESG mission statement
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Social Responsibility, Business Development, Sustainability, or related area
- 5+ years in ESG (environmental, social, governance) with diversified experience in corporate social responsibility, social impact, cross-sector partnership development, program management, managing multiple complex programs, and influencing others within organizations
- Sustainability subject-matter expertise as well as experience in partnerships, stakeholder engagement, and product development
- Organizational and result-oriented project management skills with a track record of translating ideas into action
- Outstanding communication skills to convey a clear view and vision, collaborate with executives, and communicate clearly across teams
- Proven problem-solving skills in cross-functional projects.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling
- Experience having existing relationships with key sustainability stakeholders as well as working independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with vendors and internal stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solving to develop collaborative solutions across departments
- Educator at heart with a strong passion for up-leveling employees understanding and behavior around sustainability
- Field experience in a related industry is a plus.