Vita Coco is searching for a Creative Director based out of our NYC HQ. This person will be responsible for leading an in-house creative team of designers, packaging managers, copywriters, and content creators and provide direction and oversight throughout the entire process (strategy, briefing, conceptualization, design, and production). This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Transform Vita Coco's creative capabilities into a best-in-class model in the industry – driven by an ace team, innovative processes, and exceptional outputs.
- Identify opportunities and challenges for optimizing the creative process at Vita Coco, creating new structures to improve output and efficiency where needed.
- Diversify our creative resources and build a roster of talent (internal and external) that can add value and elevate output across a wide variety of creative categories – from branding and packaging design to social content and web design.
- Support creative team in translating marketing, communications, and product strategies into effective design strategies and visual communication solutions; provide direction on design projects as necessary.
- Manage creative team, working with individuals on their strengths and opportunities and coaching them in their. development, as well as helping them set and achieve their career goals.
- Be up to date on consumers, cultural, and design trends and foster creative curiosity in the team.
- Is an inspiring leader who can rally their team as well as senior leadership around their vision for the future of Creative at Vita Coco.
- Is a strategic, big-picture thinker who can also execute and roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Has the ability to prioritize, manage multiple deadlines, multitask, and proactively seek solutions and solve problems.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communication/ graphic design and a minimum of 10+ years of experience in visual design/ multi-disciplinary AD role for in-house brands or agency.
- Has a strong understanding of design principles, layout, and best practices across packaging, digital, UI/ UX, print, and a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Passion for management and mentorship of creative talent.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment yet maintaining the highest design standards.
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning from and listening to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (working in Sketch is a bonus).
Need to Have:
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.