The Market Manager will lead efforts to achieve revenue, depletion, distribution and retail execution goals by improving performance our Distributor partners in an assigned Market. Markets range in size from one Distributor in two counties to many Distributors across several states. The Market Manager will develop and maintain relationships with Distributors to increase share of mind across all levels of their organizations as well as identify opportunities, influence them to capitalize on them and hold them accountable for execution.
This role is based out of Sothern California, either Orange County or San Diego, and focus on accounts in New Jersey, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Sales. Vita Coco is headquartered in New York City with international offices Singapore and London.
- Plan and prepare distributor Business Plans, Innovation launches and Market Blitzes.
- Plan sales volume, distribution and retail execution targets (External)
- Create action plans to address gaps in performance
- Measure and improve display execution and POG adherence
- Provide consistent communication relating to execution against distribution targets and display programs
- Leverage scorecards, reports and tools provided by HQ and generate ad hoc reports from iDig and Repsly as needed for local market
- Conduct business reviews, developing appropriate cadence for each depending on size
- Hire, manage and develop a team of direct reports consisting of Retail Sales Managers to manage important retail outlets (where applicable)
- Guide activity, provide performance feedback and support in creation of strengths-based development plans
- Forge strong partnership with Market Development team, providing them with Distributor support and the resources needed to win at retail.
- Assess the competitive landscape and communicate insights
- Work with KDP Area Directors, Market Development Managers, Branch Managers, and Independent Distributor Sales Team
- 3-5 years of field Sales or Distributor experience, preferably within Food & Beverage or CPG industry
- Territory management experience
- Distributor management experience
- Experience leading, managing and holding field Sales employees accountable to goals & KPIs
- Strong business acumen, relationship management skills, customer focus, and drive for results
- Must have ability to lift cases of product between 10-35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to place product on overhead shelving
- Must have the ability to travel between multiple accounts each day if needed
- Proven ability to approach accounts in an innovative and creative way to expand the business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them, and analyze sales data; trade/business analytics
- Professional demeanor in working with co-workers, distributors, retail reps and customers
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Creative presentation, public speaking, and premium selling skills
- A team player who also can work well independently
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.