The Commercial Brand Manager, Vita Coco will be responsible for the commercial brand strategy for the Vita Coco portfolio, managing programming for all existing products and innovations to ensure their success in-market. This role will work cross-functionally with the innovation, trade marketing, sales, operations, insights, and creative teams to launch products and campaigns that will continue to growth Vita Coco within and outside of the coconut water category. This position reports to the Associate Director, Vita Coco Brand.
- Lead all brand retail programming, including ownership over the annual brand retail calendar, managing Vita Coco’s below-the-line agency, building point-of-sale materials, and facilitating cross-merchandising partnerships and sweepstakes.
- Work closely with the Trade Marketing department to build national and account-specific commercial strategies to address opportunities or shortcomings or opportunities.
- Lead the launch of innovations, working closely with the innovation and sales teams to build strategies and assets that raise awareness, drive trial, and encourage purchase of new products.
- Partner with the innovation team to concept and test future product ideas for commercialization.
- Collaborate with the Growth / eCommerce team to build strategies for online and omni-channel retailers, gaining insights from retailers and consumers to constantly improve the brand’s digital selling presence.
- Own performance evaluation for Vita Coco, working with the category management and business insights teams to evaluate national, regional, and channel-specific performance on a monthly and annual basis.
- Manage brand budget, ensuring proper resource allocation across digital, in-store, influencer, event, social, and operational functions.
- Years of experience: 3-5 years marketing experience
- Experience in Food & Beverages preferred
- An understanding of how to run marketing at a big CPG, but with a willingness to break some rules
and have some fun
- Strong analytic background – has experience with managing P&Ls
- Strong creative thinking with demonstrated ability to build creative activations with creative, digital, social, PR, and media agency partners
- Strong strategic & innovative mindset to help in approach to solve brand business problems
- Ability to work in a team-based culture. Collaboration with key stakeholders and counterparts – internal and external.
- Ability to manage and motivate numerous internal, cross-functional, cross business-unit and external resources effectively.
- Ability to move quickly and independently
- Proactive problem-solver – is always thinking several steps ahead
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Optimistic, inquisitive, intuitive, creative, and open-minded
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.