The Contract Manufacturing Planning Manager will be responsible for the procurement of all raw materials and components for co-manufacturing production, maintaining appropriate stock levels of materials in inventory, scheduling production, building and keeping a good relationship with vendors and production facilities, as well as budgeting and managing stock value for financial reporting.
In summary, the Contract Manufacturing Planning Manager will be responsible for planning and executing production and shipping of all co-manufacturing and repacking needs for the company in North America. This role will have a team of at least three planners as direct reports, yet it will be the interface of all communication associated with co-manufacturing planning within the organization. This role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to the Director of Global Supply Planning.
- Management of all co-packing / manufacturing partners in North America
- Being the functional subject matter expert and responsible person for the execution of all supply chain activities associated with Contract Manufacturing and Repacking. Act as the primary interface to operations, transportation, quality, innovation, and technical services counterparts, for all Co-Manufacturing related topics
- Prepare and maintain a rolling Contract Manufacturing and material needs forecast for a planning horizon of at least 18 months
- Develop capacity utilization plans, understand capacity constraints, communicating supplier risk, and following up on action plan for resolutions
- Effectively communicate the impact of supply delays, quality events, line shut-downs to the organization
- Accountable for Contract Manufacturing Supply Chain metrics and reporting, create and track KPI’s for all partners, responsible for reviewing volumes for budget and volume/costs projections
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and issuance of the Monthly Production Plan for all assigned products sourced from contract manufacturers and material suppliers
- Establish a strong working relationship with vendors and suppliers, to attain optimal levels of production output, minimize costs while adhering to agreed upon production schedules, thereby delivering superior levels of customer service
- Support in new SKU integration along with the Innovations, Marketing, and Quality teams
- Create and maintain BOM for MRP in SAP, Microsoft Excel, or Planning System
- Manage assigned SKU’s through the entire supply chain and communicates disruptions in product availability to Commercial and Operations. Lead/participate in multi-discipline teams to resolve manufacturing/supply issues. Establish scheduling priorities in collaboration with Operations, contract manufacturing operations counter-parts, and transportation to avoid backorders
- For any potential supply issue, develop multiple WHAT IF scenarios, highlighting forecast, production/distribution plan, and inventory assumptions using Planning Software or Microsoft Excel
- Participate in/lead supply chain-related projects, i.e. inventory/lead time reduction initiatives, cost savings initiatives, and implementation of new ERP system
- Develop tools for suppliers to ensure an organized and streamlined process
Key functions the position works with:
- Transportation and Logistics - to minimize excess product movement and optimize storage capabilities
- Finished Goods Supply Planner - to assure production schedules and modifications are compatible with packaging lead times and availability.
- Customer Service – to maintain service level targets
- Contract Manufacturing Director/Technical Team (Production & Repack) – to create schedule as efficient as possible for both packaging and processing given the current contract agreement, demand requirements, and service levels
- Operations – to determine the most efficient and cost-effective supply plan for multiple sources of supply. Balance production levels in order to most effectively utilize company resources for each supply source while maintaining targeted inventory levels and service levels
- Project Management – Innovations, package, or artwork changes
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration and/or Supply Chain
- Years of experience: Minimum of 5 years experience with increasing responsibility overseeing supply chain operations, including production planning, procurement of raw materials and components, and logistics in Consumer Goods or similar industry is required.
- Professional Experience:
- Experience in beverage manufacturing is a plus
- Performs a variety of concurrent tasks and thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Advanced production planning expertise and demand planning capabilities
- Expert level proficiency using SAP, Microsoft Excel
- Leadership skills to manage direct reports, work effectively with production partners, suppliers, and 3PLs.
- Deep understanding of supply chain-related process reporting along with strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision into an executable plan and then get the plan done
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading and driving change within a team
- A team player by nature with a strong set of personal and business values
- Communicates a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results, and strategy
- Understands the dynamics of an entrepreneurial high-growth business and effectively manages relationships
- Good people development skills (can motivate, recruit, develop and retain high potential people) is essential
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Action-oriented, driven by getting things done quickly and efficiently with limited resources.
- Possesses the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a smaller company environment; roll up your sleeves while keeping your eye on the bigger picture.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.