The Trade Show & Events Manager will oversee the planning, project management, and execution & reporting of trade shows and other events for Vita Coco and its portfolio of brands. This position executes comprehensive event project plans for all in-person events including but not limited to: contract negotiations, vendor management, food and beverage, audio-visual, transportation, on-site setup, and breakdown. This person will contribute to activation ideas for trade events, liaise with vendors and guests, and bring marketing priorities for the brands to life.
This role will report to the National Activation Manager and will work alongside the Brand/Field Teams to ensure successful show/event operations. This position is preferred to be based out of New York, NY, but remote work is feasible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with trade show/event organizers to understand the purpose of their event and ensure that it is compatible with the organization’s purpose, policies, and requirements.
- Plan the scope of the entire event dynamics (e.g., live showtimes, booth location(s)/requirements, footprint schematics/layout, manage and relay outstanding invoices/costs, pick up/allocate credentials, and parking options) for the organization.
- Facilitate organizing and communication for lodging, transportation, asset tracking, and landing, and trade show-related services where they are not provided by the event, company, or sponsors (e.g., talent, photographers, f/b catering, local brand ambassadors, and 3rd party vendors, etc.).
- Work with the event organizers to ensure that required pre and post services (e.g., setup, breakdown/strike, union labor, electricians, plumbers) are provided and executed on time.
- Serve as main POC onsite, executing day-to-day operations alongside onsite staff (National Activation Manager, Brand Team, Sales Team, Field Team, and local Brand Ambassadors).
- Running the floor to ensure the event runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitor event activities to ensure the satisfaction of attendees and the organization.
- Manage local brand ambassadors (liaise between brand and 3rd party promotional agency (e.g., BA training - product trial/knowledge, check-in/out BA’s, facilitate local parking, and relay break schedule).
- Review and ensure the quality of all show assets and case goods pre and post show.
- Ensure all health and safety standards are adhered to during the event (e.g., hand washing stations, ready hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Perform under pressure and willing to work long hours and on weekends and public holidays.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing is required.
- 3+ years of experience in CPG or event management or other suitable lines of work is also required.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to lead a diverse team. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential. Strong planning, organizational, and presentation skills are needed. Some project management experience is desired.
- Desire a candidate with CPG - Trade Show Producing/Production, National Tour Manager, Fly In – Fly Out Programs, and Field Marketing Manager experience.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Metro NYC preferred, remote work possible
Hourly Rate: $30-35
End date: October 15th, 2021
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.