The Director of Operations, Contract Manufacturing will responsible for existing and future co-manufacturing facilities in North America. This role is based out of our NYC HQ reporting directly to the VP of Global Supply Chain.
Vita Coco’s Director of Operations, Contract Manufacturing will be a key member of the global supply chain team and will work with existing Supply Chain Executives to develop and execute the company’s supply chain strategy overseeing the following key functions:
- Manufacturing operations North America
- Coordination of product co-packing, raw material inventory, and replenishment in North America
- Sourcing and procurement of various input materials.
- Play a leading role in setting up new co-packer, and expanding network concurrent with innovation strategies
- Supply chain development within the global framework
- Execution of quality strategy
- Cross-functional leadership and coordination on product launches.
- Drive the company’s continuous improvement efforts for its US-based manufacturing operations.
The successful candidate will help drive the company’s supply chain performance by providing production planning, output monitoring, strategic direction, and leadership to the company’s co-pack manufacturing partners in North America. Duties will include developing detailed production forecasts, capacity analysis, procurement strategies, tools to optimize logistics and processes to guarantee product availability/integrity. A major focus will also be placed on identifying new opportunities to increase economic profit throughout the supply chain.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, production planning, forecasting, procurement of raw materials, warehousing of raw material, QC, cost controlling, product development, and logistics.
- Management of all co-packing / manufacturing partners in North America
- Direct the timely and accurate preparation of and effectively communicate all production-related planning, forecasting, and reporting including internal management reporting and reporting to suppliers
- Work with suppliers on processing and filling line optimization
- Deliver monthly output requirements as well as global quality standards.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure execution of globally imposed quality standards across all contract manufacturing partners
- Apply global KPI standards for co-packing activities across NA
- Manage relationships with Co-packers, and raw material suppliers
- Prepare production reports, budgets, forecasts and oversee the development in CoGs.
- Develop tools for suppliers to ensure an organized and streamlined process.
- Create process flow charts.
- Help identify potential new co-packer options/solutions within North America
- Implement and continually improve the region’s economic profit,
- Challenge suppliers as to costs, contract terms, and other money and time-saving alternatives to existing production practices.
- Compile and analyze appropriate production performance metrics.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and/or Supply Chain
- Years of experience: Minimum of 10 years experience with increasing responsibility overseeing supply chain operations including production, sourcing of raw materials, quality control, procurement, and logistics in Consumer Goods or similar industry required.
- Professional Experience:
- Expertise with Aseptic filling and processing is a plus
- Expertise in Beverage manufacturing is a plus
- Performs a variety of concurrent tasks and thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Advanced production planning expertise and demand planning capabilities
- Expert level proficiency using SAP, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Leadership skills to work effectively with production partners, suppliers, and 3PLs.
- Deep understanding of supply chain-related process reporting along with strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision into an executable plan and then get the plan done.
- Key Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in English, and Spanish is a plus
- Available to travel throughout North America
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading and driving change within a team
- A team player by nature with a strong set of personal and business values
- Strong negotiator
- Communicates a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.
- Understands the dynamics of an entrepreneurial high-growth business and effectively manages relationships.
- Good people development skills (can motivate, recruit, develop and retain high potential people) is essential.
- Entrepreneurial with a self-starter mentality; creates own urgency.
- Action-oriented: A history of getting things done quickly and efficiently with limited resources.
- Possesses the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a smaller company environment; roll up your sleeves while keeping your eye on the bigger picture.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.