The People Team Coordinator will support across the People Team, the main relationship will be with the People Generalist and Talent Acquisition Manager, working side by side with them and supporting in driving our culture and engagement initiatives. The overall purpose of the position is to ensure our teams have a great environment to work from and our people and the People Team are well supported.
There are 3 main areas of responsibility with the time spent across each depending on the need.
Culture and Team Engagement - Support in culture and engagement initiatives and projects as needed
People Team support
– Each part of the employee cycle; recruitment, onboarding and inductions, payroll, benefits administration, compliance, employee relations and offboarding.
Office Management – Maintain the office space ensuring it is the best environment possible for our people to work in.
Culture and Team Engagement
- Lead the FUN Committee in planning company events. when it’s safe to have events in person**
- Partner closely with People Team on all culture driving initiatives (Our culture survey as an example)
- Be an active member of the Culture and Belonging committee.
- Ensure the induction of all new employees is a special moment, the induction of our new people should be warm, welcoming, informative, and above all values lead. Support the preparation of the 2-week induction plan process for all new joiners. Our new joiners have a seamless onboarding experience and are very clear on their 30-60 and 90-day expectations.
- Ensure onboarding process covers all compliance and systems, including employee background checks, Namely (HRIS) set up and IT equipment is in order ahead of the employee’s start date, verifying I-9 information and entering all new hire information into namely.
- Help all new joiners throughout their induction, be a friendly face and answer any questions or inquiries along the way.
People Team Support
- Payroll, benefits administration and compliance
- Become an expert in the payroll and benefits processes, running the semimonthly payroll and all back-end finance processes under supervision of the People Generalist.
- Manage state compliance and filing requests, Namely maintenance and benefits administration under supervision of the People Generalist.
- Assist the People Generalist as needed with ad hoc reporting.
- Manage departmental billing.
- Assist the People Generalist with employee relations matters as they arise, this could involve note taking, follow up with individuals as required.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager with scheduling first stage interviews, reviewing resumes, job postings and initiating background checks.
- On an as needed basis, provide support to our leadership team (i.e., mailing, copies of documents, personal tasks, etc.)
- Update and maintain organizational charts and complete HR file audits as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries such as unemployment claims, workers compensation, employees verifications, W2 and other year-end requests.
- Maintain the reception area (minimum of 3 days a week) to receive guests**. Embodying our brand to greet every visitor who calls or arrives to the HQ office in a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic manner.
- Support in rolling out updates to your COVID 19 procedures.
- Responsible for managing the budget for office supplies, maintenance, events and ordering day-to-day resources such as snacks, office/facilities supply, shipping materials and Vita Coco product.
- Maintain the communal office areas, ensuring the overall office environment is inviting and well cared for.
- Manage shared office equipment such as printers, water cooler, sound system, HVAC units, refrigerators, and maintain relationships with vendors for repairs and contract renewals as needed.
- Manage the relationship with building management and other 3rd party facility vendors.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing all incoming mail, packages and deliveries.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving vendor invoices.
- Screen incoming calls/correspondence and transfer calls as needed; be able to respond to general company inquiries independently when possible.
Qualifications, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or at least 2-3 years of experience working in a people team in an HR Assistant / Advisor role.
- A strong desire to progress in a people related career.
- Familiar with pay and benefits administration.
- Basic understanding of federal / NY employment law and compliance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be at our HQ office a minimum of 3 days/week.
- Professional, positive attitude and discretion in handling sensitive & confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with a keen attention to detail, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter, with a can-do attitude and willingness to initiate tasks & projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to improve processes and methods.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills – you are friendly and professional in person, over the phone and via email.
- Able to lift 15-30 pounds.
- Experience with HR systems like Namely, Goodhire and Concur is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Windows based computer programs required, specifically Outlook and Excel.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.