The Vita Coco Company is searching for a Demand Planning Analyst to support our S&OP team. The role will be responsible for identifying, creating and presenting actionable insights which will drive improvements in our forecast accuracy, ultimately improving our customer service levels. The Demand Planning Analyst will own the flow of all data in our planning software (Anaplan) and be the data lead between the S&OP team and other departments (eg. IT, analytics team) ensuring our data is reliable and that best practice data processes are in place.
This role reports to the Director of Sales & Operations Planning for North America and is based out of our HQ office in NYC.
- Support the launch of new demand planning software (Anaplan) and work with the team to implement processes that align to industry best practice.
- Maintain the integrity of all master sku and customer data in the demand planning software/SAP.
- Process and analyze weekly customer data (Scans, Depletions, Inventory)
- Review data exception reports, validate data, and partner with cross-functional teams to resolve data related issues.
- Define, monitor and present KPIs for Vita Coco’s demand planning and S&OP to help drive improvements. Create and maintain reports that enable the broader NA Operations team to monitor performance, utilizing tools such as PowerBI.
- Participate in and prepare information for demand planning phase of S&OP monthly process as necessary.
- Perform data entry and analysis on forecasts within the demand planning module.
- Build on current demand planning processes by incorporating promotional planning and category insights to improve our historical data and future accuracy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, customer accounts) to analyze trends in sku and customer performance (promotions, shipment history, new item launches, cannibalization, sku rationalization etc) to continually improve quality and accuracy of future forecasts.
- 2+ years of experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment with an understanding of major retail accounts and forecasting supply chain management
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Power BI and demand planning software (Anaplan and SQL experience a major plus). Aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Very analytical with strong attention to detail. Comfortable interpreting large data sets, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Exhibits strong business acumen and financial discipline when analyzing the business and identifying risks/opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field with undergraduate statistical analysis or engineering focus
- High caliber of professional interpersonal skills, with excellent analytical, conceptual, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong Project Management Skills - Managing numerous projects at once, in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated team member who is inquisitive about data and can drive resolution to issues with strong problem-solving skills
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.