We are looking for an exceptional leader who will help us continue developing our people strategy and capabilities.
This role will be remote and will shift to in-office at our NYC HQ once normal office activity resumes. The Global Director of People will report to the Global CFO with frequent exposure to the entire leadership team.
- Develop and execute People Strategy around the 3 key pillars: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Talent Development.
- Lead and drive a culture that embodies Vita Coco's values while maintaining and elevating the existing People infrastructure
- Educate, advise, and influence on organizational design, performance management, employee development, employee engagement & retention, annual performance reviews, and change management
- Create training programs to support the learning and development of the employees
- Enhances and/or develop, implement, and enforce People policies and procedures to support the business needs
- Understand People policies, programs, laws, and issues and implement systems to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the People team and be accountable for team growth and success.
- Optimize the team and process for recruiting, including team structure, recruiting KPIs, and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in an HR role with 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail and strong solutions-oriented and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating an HR roadmap and strategy in line with company goals and strategy would be a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law and compliance, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training.
- High social and emotional intelligence - you truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people.
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor with the highest degree of integrity; exercises confidentiality and good judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Flexible leader - you can operate at a highly strategic level but can also perform all tactical People related duties for the company.
- A track record for being highly accountable and driven and relish the idea of having the opportunity to set the foundations for and directly impact the success of a talented team and fast-growing company.