The Vita Coco Company is seeking a Director of Internal Audit will support the planning, execution, and reporting of financial (including SOX), operational, and compliance internal audits and report directly to the Global CFO. This role is based out of our NYC HQ and will work closely with our VP of Accounting and Controls.
- Execute the company-wide internal audit and financial compliance program aimed at assessing to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes (financial, operational, information technology and regulatory)
- Plan and execute SOX compliance reviews, review and evaluate internal controls, identify control and operational weaknesses, and recommend procedures to improve business practices and policies.
- Plan and execute enterprise risk assessment/prioritization and risk deep dive analyses.
- Plan and perform complex financial and operational reviews, which address accounting risk, business risk, and regulatory risk; develop recommendations around existing controls in place as well as the necessity to develop new controls
- Maintain control documentation and coordinate among control owners, including narratives, flowcharts, risk controls matrix.
- Prepare deliverables, including workpapers, reports and presentations, to be shared with key internal and external stakeholders
- Engage and develop effective working relationships to support cooperative responses to risk and control matters and issues, including coordinating with various resources
- Communicate results and findings of internal audit reviews directly with senior management and track the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated
- Perform project management duties of the IA department including, but are not limited to budgeting, planning and scheduling
- Bachelor or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field; Professional certification (CPA, CA, and/or CIA), 8+ years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, and / or risk advisory role within a multinational organization
- Big Four auditing experience and/or Consumer Goods industry specialization preferred
- Project management skills – effective consultation, interpersonal, prioritization of topics/issues and organization
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal controls framework
- Understanding/knowledge of US GAAP; and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Wdesk SOX Compliance module experience preferred, but not required
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.