The Finance Manager will report to the Director of FP&A. This role is based out of our NYC HQ.
- Work with cross-functional teams (specifically the sales teams) to develop annual budget and quarterly forecasts for total Americas region, including brand level analysis.
- Full ownership of Net Revenue budgeting and forecasting, including volume, list price, trade, and all relevant accounts.
- Finance lead for monthly S&OP– including partnering with Demand Plan team to understand key drivers of forecast, providing insight and/or alternative viewpoints as needed.
- Finance contact to commercial and strategy team around the Blueplanner tool which is used for ‘end to end’ sales planning and reporting.
- Streamline of internal processes around trade spend, to help ‘unlock’ better reporting of actuals.
- Team lead from Finance in the implementation and go-live of the Master Data Portal, with a focus on List Price and Customers
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years in a financial planning & analysis or commercially focused business analytics role with demonstrable career progression
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, and ambitious; ability to work independently and directly with senior management on special projects
- Superior writing, communication, and presentation skills, comfortable and effective in presenting complex information to senior executives and the Board
- Advanced Financial Modeling/Excel: Advanced techniques are required for this position (pivot tables, lookup formulas, logical functions, and database functions).
- TM1 knowledge is a plus for reporting & analysis.
- Consumer products and/or retail industry experience preferred but not essential
- Highly analytical, with the ability to use the power of facts to bring insight and influence;
- Strong commercial analysis and ability to make clear commercial decisions and finance recommendations;
- Strong influencing skills, proactive in challenging and influencing the business based on insight, knowledge, and fact;
- Openness to growth and change combined with good relationship building and communication skills.
- Personable, with the ability to interact across the organization delivering a high level of customer service.
All Market Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.