The Vita Coco Company is looking for a Financial Systems Manager that will manage outsourced teams to enhance, support, and maintain the applications that Vita Coco uses for Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Demand Planning, and Supply Planning. The Financial Systems Manager should have advanced experience using systems like IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, Anaplan and BluePlanner.
This role is based in our NYC HQ Office and will report directly to our Global Head of IT.
- Oversee the Company’s IBM Cognos Analytics, Planning Analytics (TM1), Vuealta (built on Anaplan), and Upclear BluePlanner through domain expertise, hands-on support, and triage to Vita Coco’s outsourced, support partner.
- Hands-on development of and/or leading outsource teams to develop objects and successful technical solutions in Planning Analytics, including cubes, rules, dimensions, MDX expressions, turbo integrator processes, etc.
- Hands-on creation and administration of security at all levels, client-groups, cubes, dimensions, processes, etc.
- Support users of Planning Analytics, Cognos Analytics, and Anaplan on full life cycle projects.
- Understand business requirements and to convert them into technical specifications and reporting solutions
- Develop and implement Planning Analytics, Cognos Analytics, and Anaplan coding standards and server configuration (TM1s.cfg parameters) and maintenance
- Ability to create complex Active Form based planning templates and reports based on the business requirements
- Modify/create complex business logic through Planning Analytics (TM1) rules leveraging FEEDERS as per the best practices
- Responsible for ad hoc SQL queries to review data, interrogate data, prototype solutions, determine requirements, and fix data errors
- Implement Cognos Planning Analytics and Cognos Analytics solutions by strategizing and designing a Cognos solution based on data availability, environment, user, situation and logistics
- Create Drill through Process from TM1 Cube to database for querying transaction level data
- Support existing customer cubes as well as verification and reconciliation of data
- Design and implement solutions to address performance issues on the servers and any long running Planning Analytics processes
- Produce all related system design and process related documentation.
- Train end users on TM1 application
- Analyze data to create data structures and resolve cross-functional data issues
- Collect data, analyzes and report for early detection and correction, continual improvement.
- Develop reports in a consistent best practices format
- Coordinate new reporting requests/changes to ensure accuracy and consistency of reports
- Monitor and troubleshoot escalated support tickets
- Create and maintain technical administrative documentation
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience “bridging” technology and finance teams/depts
- 2-5 years of experience developing in:
- IBM Cognos Planning Analytics (TM1 11.1+): cubes/rules/dimensions/MDX expressions
- Development and support of Turbo Integrator processes
- Cognos Analytics 11.1+
- Capable of independently organizing, managing and migrating TM1 objects through a multi-tiered landscape
- Expert experience with Planning Analytics for Excel (PAx), Excel, and related add-ins/features: PowerPivot, PowerQuery, SQL Connection
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, including performance tuning exercises
- General knowledge of Finance and Accounting business operations, priorities, and practices
- Understands Planning Analytics interface capabilities and has developed and maintained interfaces with external applications
- Experience with the tm1runti.exe utility and can identify appropriate use cases for it
- Ability to easily pick up and apply new technical skills to support and integrate with Planning Analytics and Cognos Analytics
- Capable of independently prioritizing day-to-day work with assigned tasks and issues as they arise
- Experience monitoring Planning Analytics activity and proactively identify performance and/or locking issues
- Experience implementing and testing Planning Analytics solutions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in coordinating activities with off-shore teams of technical resources.
- Excellent communication skills, team player
- Professional history that includes end-user facing roles.
- Contemporary knowledge of contextual technology trends, costs, and solutions.
- Clear ability and aptitude to grow in technical knowledge.
Additional experience with the following is strongly preferred:
- Anaplan implementation and administration
- Trade Promotion Planning experience
- Experience with TPM software
- Integration middleware: SSIS, IICS
- Data warehousing & data modelling
- SQL scripting
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Microsoft SQL Server
We currently have a 2 day per week in office requirement, to work from our office successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination, unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.