Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, analyzing and performing producting testing, reviewing and analyzing lab results received from company-owned or independent labs, monitoring product integrity, shelf life testing, providing reports on product quality to the senior management and domestic/global operations teams, assisting on product mock recalls and maintaining database on company’s lot performance.
This role will be remote and will shift to in-office at our NYC HQ once normal office activity resumes. The Quality Director will report to the Sr. Director of Global Quality and R&D.
- Actively manage the quality efforts for Vita Coco Americas from supplier to market
- Manage internal and external audits from Organic to Food Safety
- Maintain relationships with operations team and suppliers
- Support all new product launches as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology and/or Microbiology required MS preferred
- Ideally, a minimum of 7 years of experience with quality management and/or R&D in food and beverage, with Aseptic tetra experience is a plus.
- Understanding of project management and various project management tools
- Statistical analysis skills preferred, using various Business Analytics tools such as PowerBI, Python, or similar
- Available to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines.
- Fluent in English, Portuguese is a plus
- Available for domestic and international travel.
- A team player by nature
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A strong set of personal and business values
- Communicates a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, analytical results, and strategy
- Understands the dynamics of an entrepreneurial high-growth business and effectively manage relationships
- Action-oriented: A history of getting things done quickly and efficiently with limited resources
- Possesses the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a smaller company environment; roll up your sleeves while keeping your eye on the bigger picture
- Strong ethic and integrity